Job opportunity: Community education pilot called Watch the Green Grow
The Fairfax County Park Authority is seeking an individual to manage a new community education and social marketing pilot project called Watch the Green Grow. The successful candidate will work across agency divisions to implement and evaluate the pilot project at stream valley parks across Fairfax County.
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 Hourly non-merit, benefits eligible (medical coverage is available with a portion of the premium covered by the county)
Location: Herrity Building (12055 Government Center Parkway) and various field locations
Schedule: This position is scheduled to work 20 to 30 hours per week with a minimum of 1039 hours per year but not to exceed 1,560 hours per calendar year. There is no guarantee of a minimum number of scheduled hours (daily, weekly, monthly) Weekend and evening work hours should be expected. Position funding only lasts 1 year July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020.
- Design & deliver messages to various audiences that target park neighbors with wildlife friendly messages including encroachment prevention.
- Design and develop associated media, resources and trainings to drive implementation of the Watch the Green Grow program.
- Build collaborations with current and new partners
- Manage project budget and supplies.
- Recruit, supervise and train volunteers and rover staff as needed
- Market and conduct outreach programs to multiple audiences including Meaningful Watershed Education Experiences for schools and presentations to neighborhood associations.
- Manage crowdsourcing app reports and promote reporting among participants and community partners.
- Evaluate success of efforts and provide written report at end of pilot study
BA/BS in resource management, education, communication/ marketing or related field or equivalent education and experience combination.
- Demonstrated success in program development or design.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS mapping a plus.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills. Ability to relate to field staff and community program partners, and to develop trusting relationships quickly.
- Strong management skills and the ability to motivate, excite, and educate both internal and external resources. Ability to inspire others.
- A strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work. The successful candidate will be a highly energetic, hands-on individual who can meet deadlines and produce products.
- Willing to travel in-county, and work with a team and network of field staff, volunteers and community partners.
How to apply: email cover letter and resume to [email protected]