Excited about Citizen Science and using iNaturalist to record your observations?
You can lead FMN’s participation in the 2019 City Nature Challenge!
What’s involved? You decide. Here are some suggestions.
- Join the monthly City Nature Challenge coordination phone calls:
|When||Wed Jan 23, 2019 2pm – 3pm Eastern Time – New York|
|Where||605-472-5436, access code 908439#|
- Set up opportunities for FMN to participate
- Chapter hike on using iNaturalist to take good pics for ID (The Nature Conservancy will lead)
- Public info programs on City Nature Challenge & using iNaturalist (Fairfax libraries will sponsor)
- Observation events on City Nature Challenge weekend (Fairfax County parks will sponsor)
- Identification parties post CNC weekend (Fairfax libraries will sponsor)
- Join with ARMN-sponsored events
- Earn service hours working from home
- Recruit FMNs to help as needed
Sound like fun? Contact Marilyn Schroeder: [email protected]