Photo: Fairfax County Park Authority
Grab a bag and go on a trash scavenger hunt as the Fairfax County Park Authority hosts Watershed Cleanup Days once again this fall.
Join with family, friends, neighbors or colleagues to lend a hand to the Earth. We need your help to remove tires, bottles, cans and other debris from local waterways. Helping to clear the Earth’s vital arteries is a great community volunteer project for service groups and students. All ages are welcome.
Cleanup events kick off on Sunday, Sept. 18, 2022, at Lake Fairfax Park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and runs throughout October at a variety of Fairfax County locations. The sites include:
- Sunday, Sept. 18, 2022 at Lake Fairfax Park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022 at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022 at Oak Marr Rec Center from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 9, 2022 at Lake Accotink Park from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022 at Scott’s Run Nature Preserve from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022 at Providence Rec Center from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Additional sites may still be added. For a complete listing and to sign up as an individual volunteer, visit the Volunteer in Parks webpage. Groups, please call the site of your choice directly.
For general information, contact the Public Information Office at 703-324-8700 or via email at email@example.com.