Photo courtesy The Nature Conservancy
Registration for the annual Fairfax County Spring Watershed Cleanup in partnership with The Nature Conservancy and Fairfax County Park Authority is now available at www.nature.org/fairfaxcleanup. This year’s cleanup will take place over several dates at 15 Fairfax County Park locations. An estimated 600 volunteers are needed to help clean up plastic bottles, cans and other debris!
Event capacity is limited. Please follow instructions about registering groups in the detail section of the registration pages via Eventbrite. (specific Eventbrite links for each event below. Click on the event to be taken to the registration page).
You can view park locations, dates, times, and number of volunteers needed here.
Saturday, March 25, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Cub Run Rec Center (FULL)
- Cub Run Stream Valley (London Towne)—Centreville, VA
- Sully Station I—Centreville, VA
- Sully Station II—Centreville, VA
- Isaac Walton Park—Centreville, VA
- Virginia Run—Centreville, VA
- Chalet Woods Park—Centreville, VA
Saturday, March 25, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Hidden Pond Nature Center—Springfield, VA
Sunday, April 9, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Lake Accotink Park—Springfield, VA
Sunday, April 23, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Olander and Margaret Banks Park –Alexandria, VA
Saturday, April 29
- Scott’s Run Nature Preserve—9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (FULL)
- Arrowbrook Wetlands Park—9:30 – 11:30 a.m.—Herndon, VA
- Merrybrook Stream Valley Park—10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.—Herndon, VA
Friday, May 5, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Providence Rec Center—Falls Church, VA
Sunday, May 7, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Burke Lake Park (FULL)
A confirmation email with additional details will be sent to registered volunteers about 3-5 days before the scheduled cleanup. If you have questions between now and then, please let me know.
If the sites reach capacity, we encourage you to find additional opportunities to volunteer and connect with nature at
Please feel free to pass along to other organizations, friends and family!
Stewardship and Volunteer Program Assistant
765-717-3755 (mobile, text available)
The Nature Conservancy
Virginia Field Office
652 Peter Jefferson Parkway
Charlottesville, VA 22911