https://secureservercdn.net/126.96.36.199/73d.def.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/NVCT-Contest-2019-e1570842086658.jpg?time=1579729833 419 500 Marilyn Kupetz https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/73d.def.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/FMN-Logo-300x222-1-300x222.png Marilyn Kupetz2019-10-12 01:05:052019-10-12 01:05:05Calling all amateur photographers!
Categories for Adults
- Awesome Animals
- Beautiful Bugs
- Fantastic Flowers
- Tremendous Trees
Categories for Youth (under 18): Same categories listed above – but will be judged separately.
- Submitted photos must be taken within the Trust’s service area: Arlington, Caroline, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford counties; and nearby independent cities including Alexandria, City of Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
- Each participant may enter up to 4 photos, taken any time of year. Please do note that each photographer is only eligible for only one award per year.
General Contest Information
- The NVCT Nearby Nature Photography Competition is open to non-professional photographers of all ages. This contest hopes to promote awareness and appreciation for all the beautiful natural wonders that are found in the small, medium, and large outdoor spaces in our communities – including our backyards, local forests, and local working lands.
- Photographers retain all rights to photographs submitted and agree to grant NVCT the right to publish the images with or without names. Even if your photos don’t make the final cut, you may still see your images used to help promote NVCT’s conservation work online or in print materials! This growing stock of imagery is a great asset to our organization, and we greatly appreciate your contribution!
How to Enter
- Choose or go take some awesome nature photos!
- Download and complete the entry form and photograph release, linked here: adult form; youth form
- Email the forms and your photos to email@example.com by midnight, Wed., Oct. 31.
- Please put your name, the category, and the title of your photo in the subject line of the email. If submitting more than one photo you may send one email – please just label the photos.
- Look out for our announcement of the winners in November! Judges will review the submissions for creativity, content, composition, and originality, and award the top photographs by youth and adults in each category. Youth categories may be combined.
- Come to the showcase on January 11, 2020 so that we can thank you for your participation (optional)!